Last updated: December 4, 2014
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations).
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our
Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with
or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except
to provide products or services you've requested, when we have
your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register for Shipway we ask for information such as your name, email address, billing address, credit card information. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter a credit card.
- Shipway uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Shipway service.
- Shipway uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Shipway. Although Shipway owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Shipway application, you retain all rights to your data.
- Shipway may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- Shipway may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Shipway primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.